Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Monkey Pox

My cold or Covid or whatever it is has turned into a deep cough that is, in clinical terms, “productive.” I had a teleconference appointment with a doctor this afternoon. It’s not my usual doctor, and not the usual way of visiting a doctor. This will be a teleconference with a “resident” who looks to be younger than our daughter. The practice is so busy that a resident is the best they can offer. 

Because of my symptoms, they wouldn’t let me come into the doctor's office. It’s not Monkey Pox. I am not plagued with itchy, scabby sores that crack open and ooze pus when you pick them. 

As I envision the pox spectrum, Monkey Pox sounds more disgusting than chicken pox, but perhaps not as dangerous as smallpox. With respect to size, I'm not sure whether a monkey pox is larger than a chicken pox. Some monkeys are smaller than chickens. Others are larger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this Monkey Pix sounds pretty nasty. I hope to steer clear of it, as I also hope to avoid the resurgence of polio.